BBQ Firewall is the lightest and fastest firewall plugin for WordPress. This plugin can protect your site against a wide range of threats.
BBQ firewall plugin checks all incoming traffic and quietly blocks bad requests containing nasty stuff like eval(, base64_, and excessively long request-strings.
BBQ firewall plugin is available in both free and pro versions. In this post lets discuss about the free version of the plugin.
BBQ = Block Bad Queries
You can download the free version of the plugin from WordPress Repository.
To learn how to install WordPress plugin, check this tutorial.
BBQ plugin protects your site against many threats:
- SQL injection attacks
- Unsafe character requests
- Protects against bad referrers
- Executable file uploads
- Excessively long requests
- Protects against bad bots
- PHP remote/file execution
- Directory traversal attacks
- XSS, XXE, and related attacks
- Plus many other bad requests
Adds a strong firewall to ANY WordPress site. Works with all WordPress plugins and themes.
- Zero configuration
- 100% focused on security and performance
- Scans all types of requests: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, etc.
- Blocks a wide range of malicious URL requests
- Fastest Web Application Firewall (WAF) for WordPress
- Works silently behind the scenes to protect your site
- Based on the 6G/7G Firewall
- Compatible with other security plugins
- Lightweight, fast and flexible
- Scans all incoming traffic and blocks bad requests
- Protects against known bad bots and referrers
- Thoroughly tested, error-free performance
- Extremely low rate of false positives
BBQ plugin does not collect or store any user data. It does not set any cookies, and it does not connect to any third-party locations. Thus, this plugin does not affect user privacy in any way.