Really Simple SSL – As its name suggests, enables you to run your website over HTTPS. To keep it lightweight, the options are kept to a minimum. The entire site will move to SSL.
The Really Simple SSL plugin requires no additional setup outside of installation and activation. Just install and activate the plugin, you’re good to go.
You can download the plugin from WordPress repository.
- The plugin handles most issues that WordPress has with SSL.
- All incoming requests are redirected to https.
- The siteurl and homeurl are changed to https once the plugin is enabled.
- Your insecure content is fixed by replacing all http:// URL’s with https://, except hyperlinks to other domains. Dynamically, so no database changes are made (except for the siteurl and homeurl).
Really Simple SSL also comes with a pro version.
- The mixed content scan, which shows you what you have to do if you don’t have the secure lock yet
- The option to enable HTTP Strict Transport Security.
- Advanced security headers for additional security.
- The option to configure your site for the HSTS preload list.
- Mixed Content Fixer for the back-end.
- Certificate expiration check: get an email when your SSL certificate is about to expire.
- Premium support.
- More detailed feedback on the configuration page.